Business takes moxie: bold and brave, courage and confidence. Where once you may have answered to someone else, the tables have turned and you take on all the roles that a large company may employ hundreds to complete.
I’ll assume that you went solo because you …
Your values are ethical
You’re doing what you love
You believe 100% in your message
You want to make a BIG, BIG, BIG difference
You want to stay authentic + still attract business
You’re probably a Coach, Holistic Practitioner, Therapist … of the mind or body variety.
Or maybe you have a service-based local business: a eco cafe, bookshop, animal welfare or maybe even a little yoga studio, artist spot/gathering. Maybe you’re a collective, a group coming together for a common cause such as social enterprise.
Maybe you’re solo professional in the Creative Industries: writer, artist, musician and you make a living doing your art, and yet you also give back to the community in a big way by offering workshops and classes.
You could be:
- Fearful: scared to put yourself out there, show up as you + share your message because you don’t want to seem pushy.
- Overwhelmed: now that you’ve taken the solopreneur path, you’re realising that the there is so much more to do that just ‘doing what you love’.
- Technically Challenged: a nice way of saying you haven’t got a clue!
- Suffering Marketing-i-tis: you are lost, swimming at sea wondering how you can market who you are and remain true to your values and ethics.
- Isolated: you know some people who can help, who you can share with but you wish that you had someone in your corner, even a group of people who you could turn to for support.
Your values are strong. You believe 100% in such things as compassion, love, connection, making a difference, giving-back, paying forward and you are committed to serving others in any way you can. You’re involved.
Your “business” could be 100′s of things but at the core of it all is you want to make a living by making a difference without ever having to sell out your soul in the process, mislead people, resort to slimy, sleazy, hard selling, unethical marketing and business practices.
I understand. Totally.
It’s hard bringing together your core values and business isn’t it?
To remain true to your message, to put people before profit. To refuse to fall prey to others telling you that business isn’t done that way, that your fooling yourself, should go after the ‘low-hanging fruit’, be making 7-figure sums, sell, sell, sell. I get it.
I get it because I’ve been you. I am you.
What are you struggling with?
- You need help, someone in your corner.
- You need to attract, engage and work with more clients.
- Your need helping with your marketing efforts.
- You need help marketing yourself online.
- You need to identify your ‘right-fit’ clients.
- Your hiding what’s really going on for you in your business.
- You want to meet and be surrounded by other ethical business owners.
- You need clarity, focus, help moving from salary to solopreneur without losing your soul.
- You are in fear, frazzle, overwhelm mode: sometimes it’s because you’re having serious cash-flow problems, other times it’s because there is so much to do, you don’t know where to begin.
What would you really like?
- To be able to market yourself without the hype, slime and BS?
- Help more people, without ever having to resort to unethical practices?
- Stick to your core values?
- Remain authentic and attract business?
- Not feel guilty about earning a living and making a difference?
- Fun, connection, more freedom and time to spread your message?
- Learn how to market yourself without the hype and dishonesty?
- Be running your business before it runs you down?
I don’t have the uber, duper, super, overnight success blueprint or manifesto but I can share with you all the information, knowledge and tools I have and use (and mention the yuck ones) I have used over the past 10 years in my business. Like you, I insist on authenticity in my business. And heck, I’ll even give you my complete screw-ups!
Or this baby Spinning Your Wheels (that’s the ‘it’s not your fault’ message)
Download the resources (not long added and more to come)
Or grab a cuppa and head to the blog. (go exploring, you can always come back here later!)
Lots of love