Have you ever said ‘I want my work to be meaningful’?
How about ‘I want to make a difference?’
And finally, ‘I want to be paid for my passions?’
Can we please address this:
Your life can still have meaning if you aren’t getting paid for your passion(s).
Am I doing a 180 on everything on this website?
I’m saying that if you don’t get paid for it, your life is still meaningful.
Ask those that love you for goodness sake.
What if all those questions had nothing to do with your career or what you get paid for?
- Are all areas of your life filled with personal meaning? If not, what makes you think can find it in your career?
- Are you making a difference to the people that are already in your life on a daily basis? Friends, family, neighbours, children, the person who serves you in the local shop, people you aren’t that keen on?
- Are you reserving the energy of passion for a future you? Why not use it now?
I’m not being rude, you aren’t your job, and you aren’t a career, without them you’ll still exist.
What’s your goal?
a) To live a passionate and purposeful life, filled with personal meaning?
b) Or is it to get paid for your passions?
Two things to ponder over:
1. How can you bring the energy of passion into your life today?
2. Where can you make a difference now, regardless if you get paid for it or not?
The easiest ways to live with purpose, passion and meaning:
Everything you do, do it with purpose.
Everything you do, fill it with passion.
Everything you do, make it meaningful.
It’s not that simple.
Want more? Sign up for my FREE newsletter "Moxie Musings" (not that it's called Moxie Musing, I just thought I'd better call it something less boring than 'Newsletter'), and you'll also receive: The Toolkit includes Dare to Be You - a little pep talk/love letter thing from me to you.