Okay, do you ever visit a website and you aren't really sure if it's for you?
Yes? Me too! On some sites, instead of being straight with you there is either:
a) a list of bullet-fired-in-your-face-look-how-awful-your-life-is-questions, you know the ones I mean, yes? They make you awful not better.
b) the ones that promise you the best-hidden secret and my instant formula to living your best life in a day, or how you can now -with my proven system - banish all your fears, worries, woes before breakfast. Guaranteed!
Looking for website a or b? It's not Living Moxie.
In the name of research and science, I sat down with a cuppa, the dogs at my feet, pen, and paper and had a little think to myself about the people who stop here, take courses, hang out and join the community.
I came to this conclusion:
There isn't a type of person who lands here. There are no labels. Except human. Yeah, I know, I should have a list of 'people I serve' but it's complicated, let's see ...
Generally - people have lived a little. I mean, they've got some fabulous life stories.
Usually - but not always - in their 2nd or 3rd 'Life Act'.
Often - are stuck, stopped, stalled, in limbo, have dreams and aspirations that they think are passing them by.
Gender doesn't even come into it.
Some land here for reclaim their courage and confidence, others because they want to do work that matters, some to align their little biz to their core, some wanting to make a difference, some wanting to learn how to do DIY, some wanting to quit life-sucking jobs, some just for the freebies, others seeking clarity, some wanting to rescue farm animals, others wanting to find and follow their passion, some want to start a business ... it's an endless list.
The ones I've come got to know that is.
Creative. Bright. Ballsy. Gutsy. Funny. Street smarts. Life smarts. Passionate beings.
From what I've noticed:
- They have great stories. They know how to laugh, sometimes while crying. They are passionate everyday folks - they do the washing, ironing, get the bus, use the loo and stuff - you know, they are just like you and me.
- They know they have something more to offer, or something different, or want to find out where they fit now, at this point in their life. They aren't looking for therapy, just as well, I am not a therapist. They may wish they had chosen another path earlier, but they aren't letting it define who they are now. Or they wish they had started sooner, which is a common around here.
- They may or may not have a list of qualifications after their name. Some have none, some have PHD's. And it doesn't matter a hoot.
- They are full of moxie but have misplaced it somewhere. They worry about other people will say when they launch their new ideas, get going on their big plans, take action on the stuff they really want to do.
- Occasionally some think there is something wrong with them when there isn't. I mean they feel so disconnected from their core, they have begun to ask, 'What's wrong with me?' Although some are wonderfully weird in a really good way. Hiya!
- They aren't out to necessarily change the entire world, but they are out to change their world, to make an impact and some get surprised when what they do ripples out further than they first planned.
- They love connection.
- They (generally) don't want to sell everything they own including the kids (if they have any) to neighbours, pack the pets to friends, and go off to sit on a mountain top to find themselves. They do talk about spiritual stuff. It's not uncommon around here.
- They question. A lot. Which I really like, because together we learn and grow.
- Straight talking. Open. Not afraid of hard conversations. I don't mean challenging and conflict conversation, I mean deep conversations. The ones that you would love to have an all-nighter with.
- Coffee is preferred to herbal teas.
- They have been toe dipping in selfie-developmenty-helpy-land for a bit too long.
- Cats and dogs are preferred to unicorn rainbow droppings.
And I learn more from every single one of them.
I know most people say that, but really I do. In fact, I know if you and I were to work together I bet you at some point I say, 'Oh, I think I needed to hear that too!'
What do they do when they get here?
If they are looking to reclaim their courage & confidence they read this page first, or sometimes they take me for a test drive and sign up for the free confidence course. They just dive in and sign up for The Moxie Project or they have a little click around the blog to feel of what happens in here.
Careers and work? When someone isn't aligning who they are with what they do in the world they are here for different reasons. Sure, it may still be a confidence and self-esteem thing, but I recommend they start with this page and then help themselves to the Core Values Workbook.
How do I see you?
So pleased you asked!
I see a courageous, unlimited, spirited, compassionate, inclusive, heart over head human being, who - regardless if you never receive worldwide recognition or fame for what you are creating - you still have to fulfill (or is it fulfil?) your passion and purpose - I know, juicy huh? I am really laying it on, in the hope that you get a wee spark there.
I see someone with life experience, great stories, a sense of humour, who can transform lives - especially your own.
I see someone who would - if you allowed yourself to trust your own gurus called Wisdom and Intuition - who will touch the hearts of many - Because it matters. Really it does.
I see someone who isn't interested in the whole 'change the entire world by the weekend, make a trillion by next Tuesday, instant success ... guaranteed ... fast, create your best year yet BS, go big or go home badass malassery malarkey', I see someone who wants to own who they are - gently, honestly, openly, creatively.
I see someone who will not apologise anymore for bringing your whole, most loving self to the party of your life. I know you may feel lost at times, stuck in the hall when it seems everyone else appears to be having a knees up in the kitchen - heck, we all do - I know you might not know your first (second, third) steps, but that's okay. If you want to, you will figure it out.
I see someone who won't rest, get embarrassed or make excuses for simply wanting to leave the world in a better place than when you arrived. I see someone who wants to propel upwards, even if you aren't 100% sure of the outcome - you are willing to get in the arena and try your way.
I see someone who won't bow down and curtsy to fear any longer, no more will it have the first and last word about the decisions you have to make about you, how you live, or what you are creating. Bugger that. This is more than 'what do I want', it's good a spiritual feel to it, huh?
I see someone who cares deeply about people, who will stand with their values and follow their convictions, you won't tread down a path any longer that will take you away from your truth (whatever that is for you): even if that means a time is spent unlearning, exploring and discovering who and what you or that path really is, that's cool, right?
I see someone who will touch deeply the hearts and minds of those who connect with you, your message, gifts, talents, skills, strengths and experiences if you reclaim your courage and confidence to tell them. I see someone who accepts what is, bravely rising to share yourself, your ideas, your work, your art so that you are freeing yourself.
How do I see all that? Because we are that separate from each other.
Okay, don't faint, don't freak out. You don't need to know exactly how all this will happen right now.
This is about you, let's be honest, I may not be the right person for you, I might not have a darned thing to help you, you may not like my style, or me.
But if you want to make a difference, want to do stuff that matters, don't mind the odd swear word, can cope with hanging around with someone who cares passionately about people. If you want to step into your next Act more aligned to who you really are, do work you love, become who you came here to be - and all that awesome stuff - then maybe we will click.
But only if you don't mind me showing up as who I am.